Temporary Closing of Roads – Fleadh Cheoil 2015
TEMPORARY CLOSING OF ROADS PURSUANT TO SECTION 75 OF ROADS ACT 1993 AND ARTICLE 12 OF ROAD REGULATIONS 1994 (S.I. NO. 119 OF 1994)
Notice is hereby given of the decision by Sligo County Council to temporarily close to public traffic the roads listed hereunder for the purpose of safely accommodating the 2015 Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann:
- O’Connell Street from its junction with Grattan Street to its junction with Lower Knox Street.
Date and time of intended closure: From 6pm on Friday 7th August until 8am on Tuesday 18th August.
- Quay Street (from its junction with Wine Street to its junction with Lower Quay Street),
Date and time of intended closures: From 7am on Wednesday 12th August until 8am on Monday 17th August
- Custom House Quay-Lower Quay Street: A one way system will be put in place along Custom House Quay and Lower Quay Street from 6pm Friday 14th until 8am on Monday 17th August. Traffic will be permitted to enter Custom House Quay from Hughes Bridge / Sligo Inner Relief Road, returning to the IRR via Lower Quay Street. Two-way traffic will be permitted from Queen Store Road/ Union Street as far as the vehicular entrance to the Quayside multi-storey car park.
- JFK Parade (from its junction with Thomas Street to its junction with Lower Abbey Street).
In the event of an emergency, Fire Appliances will be permitted to travel along JFK Parade
Date and time of intended closures: From 8am on Thursday 13th August until 8am on Monday 17th August.
- Teeling Street (northbound lane from its junction with Chapel Street to its junction with Castle Street),
Castle Street, Grattan Street, Market Street, Harmony Hill, John Street (from its junction with Harmony Hill to its junction with Charles Street)
During this time motorists will be required to traverse the City via the City Loop (Mail Coach Road, Temple Street, Adelaide Street, Wine Street etc.) or via the Inner Relief Road.
Date and time of intended closures: From 7pm on Wednesday 12th August until 8am on Monday 17th August.
- Stephen Street (from its junction with Lake Isle Road to its junction with Holborn Street).
Local access will be permitted for those with designated off-street parking facilities
Date and time of intended closures: From 7pm on Wednesday 12th August until 8am on Monday 17th August
EVENING / NIGHT-TIME ROAD CLOSURES
- Wine Street * , Lower Knox Street, Hyde Bridge and Fish Quay (from its junction with Lower Knox Street to the entrance to the Glasshouse Hotel car park), Bridge Street, Thomas Street and Teeling Street.Date and time of intended closures: From 6pm each evening until 4am the following morning, on Thursday 13th, Friday 14th, Saturday 15th, and Sunday 16th August.
* Once the Wine Street closure is implemented, access to Wine Street car park will be via Dunnes Stores car park, Adelaide Street.
CAR PARK CLOSURES
- Stephen Street Car Park – Reserved for the Fleadh Gig-Rig (Closed from 8pm on Thursday 6th August until 8am on Tuesday 18th August).
- The Mall Car Park – Reserved for Casual Trading and/or the Fleadh Fun Fair (Closed from 8pm on Wednesday 5th August until 6pm on Tuesday 18thAugust).
- Quay Street Car Park – Reserved for Disabled Car Parking and Casual Trading (Closed from 7am on Wednesday 13th August until 8am on Monday 18th August).
- Abbey Street Car Park – Reserved for Disabled Car Parking and Fleadh Service Vehicles (Closed from 7am on Thursday 13th August until 8am on Monday 17th August).
During the above closures the main diversions will be via Mail Coach Road, Temple Street, Adelaide Street and the Sligo Inner Relief Road.
ACCESS FOR DELIVERIES
Access for deliveries will be strictly limited to between 07:00 and 11:00 each morning.
ACCESS FOR RESIDENTS
Vehicular access for residents will be maintained / provided where practicable.
Emergency access will be maintained
TEMPORARY CAR PARKS –
Friday 14th to Sunday 16th August (inclusive)
- Pirn Mill Road
- Social Welfare car park , Summerhill
PARK AND RIDE WILL OPERATE FROM FRIDAY 14TH TO SUNDAY 16TH AUGUST
They will operate from the following locations:
- Carraroe Retail Park
- Clarion Road
TEMPORARY TAXI RANKS
Between Wednesday 12th August and Sunday 16th August, temporary taxi ranks will be provided at the following locations:
- Holborn Street
- High Street
- Charles Street
Sligo County Council regrets any inconvenience that these closures may cause.
Download Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann 2015 Road Closures Map (PDF) – 4,031 kbs
Download Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann 2015 Shuttle Bus Route Map (PDF) – 8,445 kbs
Director of Services, Sligo County Council